Ngaum Ham also known as Niu Niu. This game originated from Pingyang, Wenzhou, Southeast Coast of Pingyang, Zhejiang. It is located in the South of Wenzhou City. Because local people have traditional games for raising cattle, everyone gathers together to play poker games when they are released Ngau Ham. Wenzhou people is much intelligent with their business mindset, this show the spirit of the Wenzhou people.
How to Play:
1. Game is played with 53-card deck which is including one joker card.
2. Cards are scored as follows :
Aces = 1 point
2-10 = Pip value
Jack = 10 points
Joker = 3, 6 or 9 points
3. There are three bets, as follows:
– Ante : This is the main bet, played against the dealer.
– Pot : This is a bet among the players only. The player with the best hand wins.
– Bonus : This side bet pays based on the poker value of the player’s five cards.
4. After placed bet, dealer can deal his five cards with each player.
5. All players and the dealer will attempt to form 10, 20 or 30 in three-card, then the point value will get the single number if point value is greater than 10. If your point value is greater than dealer, you win the game.
6. If the player or dealer cannot form a three-card hand with 10, 20 or 30 points, player will be consider as “not qualify”.
7. For Ante bet, the player’s cards shall be compared to dealer’s cards as follows:
– Neither qualify : The Ante bet pushes.
– Player qualifies and dealer does not: Player wins.
– Player does not qualify and dealer does : Dealer wins.
– Player and dealer both qualify: The one with more points in the two-card hand wins. In the event of a tie, the Ante shall push.
8. All wins pay even money, except if the player has a two-card hand with a total of five points, then the Ante bet shall pay 1:2.
9. The pot bet shall go to the player with the highest two-card hand. I do not know if the same two cards must be used as for the Ante bet or any two cards will do.
For purposes of Bonus bet, the joker is partially wild.